23 May 2007

butterflies

it's the last week of the school year--exams, grades, graduation. a time for endings and beginnings. and butterflies. you know, those little things that you get in your stomach when you know something really big is about to happen, but you're not quite sure how you're going to react or what's going to happen and you can't quite remember how on earth you got into this situation to begin with.

well, the countdown to middlebury has unofficially begun, and now i have to arrange for visa applications, filling out forms, registering, and financial aid to get ready to go to spain. apparently, having to prepare for moving to another country means having a lot of butterflies, whereas going to vermont produces very few. i mean, hey, if you can go to another country, another state should be a breeze!

i just got two e-mails from the college--1) fill out certain 'pre-departure forms' and 2) the miami consulate may or may not process my visa application, so i may have to go somewhere else. yikes! it's just a hassle that i don't want to deal with.

pressing on.

2 comments:

spain dad said...

Hey Paul - just stopping by to say hi!

Te acompaƱo en el sentimiento. We're doing residency stuff, so I can relate to trying to get your visa processed. It's times like this that I wonder why I make my life so difficult by living in a foreign country!

I'm a glutton for punishment, I suppose.

MSS said...

I'm in the same boat in a way. I'm anxiously waiting to see if they are going to give me my work permit for the Netherlands as well as getting an apostille for my birth certificate so I can apply for my residency visa.

Oh, to be from an EU country:)