23 February 2006

so, lately

so, lately, i have been using my cane much more than in the past three or four months, and people ask me what happened. i simply say i have arthritis because it's so much easier to say that to go in to the entire illness that completely changed my life. the cool thing is that they are satisfied with that answer, and i'm really glad that people see me through my illness.

i have an appointment with my internist next thursday. i don't know what he'll say, but i'm going to discuss my medication and possibly changing doses as well as refills. i need a good recommendation for a neurologist because i think i should go to one again...at least to see what he has to say and to monitor my condition. my internist has been great at understanding my position, but when every test has been done and nothing comes up as showing abnormal, what else is there to do but to sit and watch it?

this is one more step towards 'big-boyhood' because i have my own insurance now, and i just turned 25. i'm praying for a good year! since i turned 21, things have been going pretty well--on the up and up, actually. but my 23 year and halfway into my 24th wasn't that great. in may, i started a whole lot of changes like graduating with another ba (in french), finishing grad school, getting a job, and now that i'm 25, i'm looking for even greater changes. like, greater in the sense that things are bigger and better, not necessarily that they are 'better.'

one thing i'm going to work on is compiling my posts. they are all private until this point. i want to publish them, but am not quite sure how much i want to publish or put out there now. i have a specific collection that deals with the past two years.

i look forward to the changes.

No comments: